Tips for buying power drills
- Hold up the drill to see if you can easily handle it and that it’s not too heavy.
- A handle with a grip or anti-slip handle is a good idea as it will give you better control of the drill and prevent you from dropping it.
- If it’s a cordless drill, check how long the battery life is and how long it will take to recharge.
- Check the length of the guarantee in case you have problems down the line with the drill.
- Check the drills power rating measured in volts before buying as the higher the volt the better the performance.
- If you are going to be tackling heavier material such as concrete, check that the drill comes with a hammer action that will bore through these materials.